When do I need a permit?

Permits are required for anything you are adding but not for repairs

What if half of my house is out?

Contact your service provider first. If they can’t solve your problem then contact us.

I have knob and tube wiring. What should I do?

Knob and tube cannot be added to or altered. If you are planning on doing any upgrades you may need a whole house rewire.

Is my circuit breaker tripped?

If you think your circuit breaker is tripped the handle may be in the middle. Force it into the off position and push it back on the reset it.

GFIs (Ground Fault Interrupter)

GFIs are usually located near water sources, in garages and basements. They are intended to trip as a safety measure. There is a test and reset button on the receptacle. Push the reset button in order to reset the receptacle.